- HASEE TOH PHASEE: Parineeti Chopra’s mad Meeta and Sidharth Malhotra’s subtle Nikhil seek each other out every time and isn’t it what says ‘meant to be’. There’s love mixed with a quirky story and humor in every aspect. There’s magic in weird, goofy love and that’s what makes the movie a sweet watch.
As said to be a “modern-day fairytale”, the film is witty with a touch of innocent love. The iced Vikram Singh Rathore is softened by Mili and the weirdness she brings in. Kirron Kher and Ratna Pathak Shah add to the fun ride that proves to be more than your rom-com expectations. Also, are we never seeing Fawad Khan in Bollywood?
- SHUBH MANGAL SAAVDHAN: The winner duo of Ayushmann-Bhumi came together again for this fun-filled entertainer. A laugh ride dealing with a bold subject is what makes it different from the usual rom-com. The drama in the family tickles our bones and the leads steal the show with a package of love and laughter.
- LOVE PER SQUARE FOOT: Sanjay and Karina show the typical Mumbaikar life in this quirky love story. The leads and the supporting cast keeps the story alive with their perfect comic- timing. The film is fresh and deals with love maturely. There’s no denying how much we love Vicky Kaushal and also that we’d love to see more of Angira Dhar.
- DUM LAGA KE HAISHA: An unusual love story that shows love gradually and surely takes the audience through the process. A simple movie about Prem and Sandhya’s arrange marriage, struggles, and what becomes of it. There are wit and emotions portrayed beautifully. And how can we not love the movie that introduced Bhumi OG Pednekar?
- JAGGA JASOOS: Anurag Basu only brings magic to the screen and that’s what he did with this film, inspired by the broadway musical concept. It’s a whimsical rom-com that has the feels of a comic-book with the sharp comedy of the characters and scenes that feels like a fantasy.
- ARTIA BAREILLY KI BARFI: Bitti falls in love with the writer of a book without even meeting him who then turns out to be a surprise for her. Ayushmann Khuranna’s undying charm and wit keep the rom-com alive with Rajkumar Rao’s Pritam acting as the pebble in the path. All in all, it’s a sweet little movie that will make us fall in love and put a smile across our faces.
- QARIB QARIB SINGLE: Two adults meet on a dating site and show us that something that began online can turn into real and lively when met in person. There’s hardly any doubt that an Irrfan Khan movie won’t make you laugh and show love at the same time. The film has love, warmth, and Parvathy’s freshness that makes it a complete package.