Thinking to start playing Tennis, confuse about the rules and the basic requirement about it. We will guide you with all that is required to know and make you ready for the Tennis court.
Tennis is a sports game that had originated in England in the 19th century. It is now played in several countries in the world. Tennis is a racket sport that is played between two players and also between two teams each having two players.
There are four major tournaments namely the majors that include Wimbledon, US Open, French Open and Australian Tournament.
The objective of the Tennis.
Tennis is played on a rectangular court with a net at the center of the ground. The game is played with the aim to hit the ball across the net in such a way that the opponent is unable to pass it.
You will gain a point every time your opponent is unable to pass the ball within the court.
Players and Kit required.
A tennis match can be played between two players or two teams having two players each. It’s called a singles match when it’s among two players and doubles match when it’s among four players each. All that you require to play is the racket for each player and a tennis ball. A court can be played on surfaces which can be grass, clay, hard surface and carpet.
A player needs to score 4 points to win a game of tennis. The points are given as 15 for scoring 1 point, 30 for scoring 2 points, and 40 for scoring 3 points. The fourth point will declare the winner and the game will end. If the score is 40-40 this is called a deuce. When the game reaches at this point, the player has to acquire two clear points to win the game.
Winning in the game.
Winning in the games requires you to win a certain amount of sets. It is best of three for women’s matches and best of five for men’s matches. One should always try to win more sets to make your opponent down in the game. If the number of scores is equal then it is a tie.
Rules of the Game.
- The game starts with a toss as the one who wins the toss then decides who will serve first or which side they will play from.
- The server should serve the ball from the other side of the baseline. They are not allowed to cross the baseline in any case.
- If the server is unable to get their first serve in they get a second serve. But if they even fail to do that then it is called a double fault and the server loses a point.
- Once the server has served the ball the receiver must be able to give it back and this is called rally.
- The game is continued till a player is unable to pass the ball or if the ball touches the net.
- The primary rule is that a player can hit the ball only once while passing it.
- In the end, whoever has the highest number of points wins the game.
These were all the basics you need to know to start the game. The rest of the things you will only learn when you actually play it. So go on and explore the exciting world of this game.